‘The Parish Council needs your help!’
To enable us to produce this ‘Neighbourhood Plan’ we will need the active support of a number of local people who would be willing to become members of a steering group that will have responsibility for driving the ‘Neighbourhood Plan’ forward.
At the recent Annual Parish Meeting the Parish Council launched proposals to formulate a ‘Neighbourhood Plan’ for the local Parish area.
To enable us to produce this ‘Neighbourhood Plan’ we will need the active support of a number of local people who would be willing to become members of a steering group that will have responsibility for driving the ‘Neighbourhood Plan’ forward
The concept of ‘Neighbourhood Plans’ was introduced under the Localism Act 2011 and they are fundamentally about giving rights to local communities about the type, location, size, pace and design of developments in their area.
Neighbourhood Plans can:
· Decide where and what type of developments should happen in the neighbourhood area
· Include policies such as on design standards, which could take precedence over existing policies in the Bromsgrove District Council Local Plan for the neighbourhood.
The Neighbourhood Plan must primarily be about the use and development of land and could include the following:
· Housing developments, including affordable homes, and bringing vacant and derelict housing back into use.
· Provision for business to set up and expand their business.
· Issues around roads, cycling, walking and disabled access.
· Development of schools, places of worship, health, leisure and entertainment facilities, community and youth centres and village halls.
· Protection and creation of open space, nature reserves, allotments, sports pitches, play area, parks and garden, and tree planting.
· Protection of important buildings and historic assets.
· Promotion of renewable energy projects.
A formally adapted Neighbourhood Plan will be part of the statutory development for the area. There is a legal requirement for Bromsgrove District Council to take into account the contents of local Neighbourhood Plans when making future decisions on planning for those areas.
Parish Councils are required to work with members of their local community in the formulation of the Neighbourhood Plan.
We wish to establish a ‘Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group’, which will consist of a combination of Parish Councillors and members of the local community, who are interested in working with us to develop this plan. In effect it is your plan so we need your input to ensure that we develop a plan that is fit for purpose for your community.
If any of you are interested in becoming a member of this steering group we would be grateful if you could register your interest with the Parish Clerk.
We will be arranging a meeting in the near future of all interested parties.